Sunday, April 27, 2014

Server side Google+ and Facebook Authentication

David Strawn and I have been spending a lot of time recently beginning the implementation process of server side Google+ and Facebook authentication. We have decided to go with a Play plug-in called SecureSocial.

This has been a very educational experience for me, as I have gotten my hands dirty with the web application coding that up to this point had been done mainly by David alone. Having to edit the routes file, the .conf files, troubleshooting play specific annotations; these have all been new to me but very enjoyable.

This has also made me appreciate the work he has put in up to this point to fully immerse himself and understand the framework we have chosen, as it is not intuitive but once understood is very powerful.

We are hoping to have this functionality complete this week (and then I am really hoping we stop adding features and do a comprehensive testing and consolidation prior to the final product debut).

No comments:

Post a Comment