Sunday, April 6, 2014

Group Dynamics III

I think the group dynamics are getting better as we learn to work together. Some of the initial tension is gone as people have learned to trust one another to be good at what they do. There are still some communication issues, particularly on my end (it may be the case that I'm bad at explaining algorithms, which does not bode well for my intended future career in academia). Additionally, I have difficulty letting go of control. James is turning out to be an adroit and capable leader, I am just not used to being led. Spending a few years as the paramedic in charge of patient treatment in a 911 system will do that to you turns out. As I come to grips with not being in full control, other people have improved in their dynamics as well. This is a capable and pleasant group, and I am very happy with how this is playing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment