Friday, February 14, 2014

Proposal Writing, the Aftermath

The proposal writing process was an educational experience. The task of creating a formal proposal document was new to me. I've had experiencing writing technical papers about research, as well as experience writing legal documents when I was a paramedic, but never before have I had to sell an idea in a formal document. Especially difficult was the balance between the "real" portion and the "pretend" portion. The real portion of course being the parts of the proposal written with the context of a 12 week project in an undergraduate CS class, and the pretend portions being things like the budget and support sections which due to the context of the semester long class had to be fabricated.

Regardless of this difficulty I found the writing process to be very educational as well as a tool for focusing my intents and taking a much more formal look at what it was exactly that I was proposing--an experience that will change the way I view future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment